Our Shield and Buckler class teaches how to effectively use shields, from the dinner-plate sized buckler to larger rounds and classic knightly shields. Our principles based approach draws primarily from the Nation of Georgia, where high in the Caucasus mountains, there were villages where people still wore mail armour and fought with swords and bucklers well into the 20th Century. Like our Armizare classes, this session will also on occasion spend time on dagger play, grappling, and other weapons.
Class Schedule and location
Our shield and buckler use class is taught on Saturday Mornings from 11:15AM till 1:15PM at Kraken Strength in Tigard.
15995 SW 74th Ave, Tigard, OR 97224
Additional Resources for The Study of Georgian Traditional Martial Arts:
- Youtube Videos for Georgian Martial Arts
- Public Translation of technical material from Elashvili’s Parikaoba. The primary textual source for Khevsur Sword and Buckler. http://www.nwarmizare.com/parikaoba-translation-direct.pdf
- Old Blog about Georgian Martial Arts http://www.nwarmizare.com/parikaoba/
- Facebook Group for the Georgian Martial Arts Enthusiasts https://www.facebook.com/groups/1260676777298254
- Guest Blog on KogenBudo: https://kogenbudo.org/guest-blog-martial-arts-of-the-kevsureti-by-mike-cherba/